This is a website dedicated to Miata aerodynamics, endurance racing, and DIY. The name is a pun on Occam’s Razor, which I’ll paraphrase as “if you have many competing theories, choose the simplest.” For driving enjoyment, economy, and car racing, Miatas are the simplest solution. Thirty years after its introduction, this is still true.
I’ve written a lot of original articles on this site and offered them for free, but some of those articles are being syndicated. After those articles are published elsewhere, I’ll open them up again on this site. Naturally this is going to make a mess of the organization. You may still want to poke around here:
- Results – Data and conclusions from the testing I did at Watkins Glen. All of this is currently private.
- Blog – Pretty much everything gets posted here.
- DIY– Miata projects for the home builder.
- Articles – Aerodynamic theory, as it pertains to Miatas.
- Wings – I put all the wing articles in one place for easier reference.
- Race Reports – Mostly vanity posts, but some data, and many mistakes to learn from.
This is an intellectual pursuit, not a business business venture; I don’t sell anything. If you feel this information is helpful and you want to kick some back, buy me a coffee or make a more substantial donation on PayPal.
If you want to do these kinds of tests for your own car, contact Man & Machine Consulting, who are responsible for all the testing and data gathering on my car.