This is a website dedicated to Miata aerodynamics, endurance racing, and DIY. The name is a pun on Occam’s Razor, which I’ll paraphrase as “if you have many competing theories, choose the simplest.” For driving enjoyment, economy, and car racing, Miatas are the simplest solution. Thirty years after its introduction, this is still true.
There’s great content on Miata aerodynamics all over the net, but it’s not easy to find. And so part of the mission is to collate existing Miata aero content, as well as provide new data to fill existing knowledge gaps (roofline shape, for example). The website menus are organized like this:
- Results – Data and conclusions from the testing I did at Watkins Glen.
- Blog – I post all of my newer content to the blog, including race reports, opinions, and a lot of stuff that isn’t necessarily aerodynamics. I’ve categorized some of the posts into sub menus, but I’m generally lazy about this and behind on cleanup.
- DIY– Miata projects for the home builder.
- Articles – Aerodynamic theory, as it pertains to Miatas.
- Wings – I put all the wing articles in one place for easier reference.
- Race Reports – Mostly vanity posts, but some data, and many mistakes to learn from.
This is an intellectual pursuit, not a business business venture; I don’t sell anything. If you feel this information is helpful and you want to kick some back, buy me a coffee or make a more substantial donation on PayPal.
If you want to do these kinds of tests for your own car, contact Man & Machine Consulting, who are responsible for all the testing and data gathering on my car.